Time & Location
About the Event
Shinbushido-Kyo is an ideological and pseudotheological belief system rooted in East Asian philosophy that has taken the precepts of Bushido and integrated them into a cohesive way of life honoring the martial spirit represented by Osu!
Those who are firm believers in the philosophical concepts laid out by Bushido and organized by Shinbushido-Kyo are welcome to become Yundasha, who are official supporters of its ideological concepts. Yudansha are those who accept the ideological concepts laid out by Shinbushido-Kyo and seek to internalize them in order to elevate themselves physically, mentally and spiritually by striving to be better than yesterday's version of themselves.
Shinbushido-Kyo has adopted the core tenets and virtues of Bushido developed by Dr. Nitobe Inazo in his turn of the 20th century work "Bushido: The Soul Of Japan," which are stated as:
Shinbushido has adopted the core tenets and virtues of Bushido developed by Dr. Nitobe Inazo in his turn of the 20th century work "Bushido: The Soul Of Japan," which are stated as:
1) Justice 2) Courage 3) Mercy 4) Politeness 5) Honesty 6) Honor 7) Loyalty 8) Self-control
Shinbushido believes that through rigorous training in the martial arts (Shugyo), coupled with intense study of martial arts classics and ethics (Gaku), humans can achieve personal Enlightenment. Through achieving Enlightenment, the human condition can rise above the stresses of the material world and act as a beacon of hope to be looked up to by others.
Looking up to the philosophical and theological concepts of the martial artists of old and classical Eastern Philosophers (Bosatsu) for guidance, any human has the ability to raise to the heights of the masters of old. As Yamamoto Tsunetomo said in his classical work the Hagakure:
"It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain that which you have seen and heard the masters obtain. The masters are men. You are also a man. If you think you are inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon."
With a strong emphasis on Education, Shinbushido seeks to make readilly available these classical theological and philosophical concepts through:
1) Widespread circulation of classical and modern East Asian Theological and Philosophical texts
2) Creating commentary on classical and modern East Asian texts
3) The creation of online education courses relating to Bushido ethics and thought
4) Supporting and promoting art and music related to martial arts, Asian thought and meditation practices
5) Offering tutoring services for those interested in learning more about classical East Asian philosophy
6) Holding regular podcasts relating to martial arts and creating theological and philosophical discussion topics
7) Organizing martial arts events
8) Publishing new books & materials laying out a cohesive picture of Shinbushido-Kyo's theological and philosophical concepts
These events and courses are open to all whether they become members of the Shinbushido-Kyo Yudansha or not, however by signing as part of our Yudansha, you agree to be an active member signed up to our email list and will receive exclusive newsletters and invitations to all of our services.
For full membership, one must have a basic understanding of traditional Bushido ethics or willing to learn. While not required for basic membership (although reccommended), in order to teach the principles of Bushido laid out by Shinbushido-Kyo within your dojo it is required and to take our course "Bushido as an Ethical System" available HERE
THEOLOGICAL & PHILOSOPHICAL TEXTS:
Practitioners and instructors of Shinbushido-Kyo upon membership agree to not hold Shinbushido-Kyo liable or responsible for any lawsuit, injuries or death that may occur from martial arts practice or any other form of service related to Shinbushido-Kyo as instructors and members act independently of the Shinbushido-Kyo Kancho and administration.
- Yudansha Membership Card$0$00$0