The True Way of the Warrior
Shinbushido-Kyo is a community dedicated to spreading the East Asian spiritual and pseudotheological beliefs present in the precepts of Bushido and seeks to integrate them into a cohesive way of life honoring the martial spirit represented by Osu!
Shinbushido-Kyo has adopted the core tenants and virtues of Bushido developed by Dr. Nitobe Inazo in his turn of the 20th century work "Bushido: The Soul Of Japan," which are stated as:
1) Justice: Be fair and righteous
2) Courage: Do what is right even when afraid
3) Mercy: Be kind and nice to people
4) Politeness: Be polite and respectful of everyone,
5) Honesty: Always be honest
6) Honor: Be patient and do not be quick to fight.
7) Loyalty: Be loyal to family and friends.
8) Self-control: Know what is right and what is wrong
Shinbushido-Kyo supports the belief that through rigorous training in the martial arts (Shugyo), coupled with intense study of martial arts classics and ethics (Gaku), humans can achieve personal Enlightenment (Satori). Through the pursuit of Enlightenment, the human condition can rise above the stresses of the material world and act as a beacon of hope to be looked up to by others.
Looking up to the martial artists of old and classical Eastern Philosophers (Bosatsu) for guidance, any human has the ability to raise to the heights of the masters of old. As Yamamoto Tsunetomo said in his classical work the Hagakure:
"It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain that which you have seen and heard the masters obtain. The masters are human. You are also a human. If you think you are inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon."